Personal Connections and Adult World Connections:
1. Which project did you have the most personal connection with this year? Why? The project I had the most personal connection with this year would be my Shakespeare project because it gave me a chance to see a different perspective of the world and what love may mean to an individual.
2. What have you learned (skill, lesson, or knowledge) this year that will be most helpful for you in the future? A skill I’ve learned this year that will be helpful in the future would be leadership because it was essential to lead your team through different projects, or to lead yourself on a one man team.
3. What project or projects have you done this year that have inspired you to want to learn more? Explain how you were inspired. I have been inspired by the socialization project because I learned about the cycle of socialization and why we label other people, and I was interested in why the human labels or stereotypes other individuals. 4. How has your attitude toward learning changed this year? My attitude toward learning has changed this year in a positive way. My perspective of learning has changed drastically because I’ve made more personal connections with my teachers and peers and I’ve learned very inspiring things over the course of my year.
5. What connections have you made this year between what you have learned in your classes and your own personal experiences outside of school? I’ve learned that I can make more personal connections with the people around me. 6. How have your learning and experiences at AHS this year changed the way you see the world? Every piece I have taken from a project has changed a small or big part of how I see the world, physically or mentally.
Death Penalty Project
7.What work from this year would you like to look back on and remember when you are a graduating senior?
The work I’ve written and the things I learned about society and that it is okay to have a different perspective on things.
You as a student and a learner (Your Work and Your Work Habits):
1. What is the most important change that you have made as a learner this year? Advocacy, learning to talk to my teachers when I need help and persevering through that work. I will use these skills in class next year. 2. How have you taken an active role in your education this year? I have taken an active in my education by having everything I need for class and being attentive and being open to new things. 3. What piece of work that you've done this year that you’re proudest of? Why? The piece of work that I am proudest would be my Shakespeare project because I learned a lot about Shakespeare and love, and it made me more comfortable to act or talk in front of a crowd. 4. If you could go back and refine one piece of work this year, what piece of work would you refine and how would you refine it?
If I could go back and refine a piece of work it would be my video project, I wish I had more time to take Roxy’s comments and critique and add it to my video too make it more entertaining to watch.
5. If you were the teacher, what comments would your teacher make about your work habits? I like to have one on one conversations with my teacher, and when I’m learning something new I need to try it multiple times so it sticks.
6. What might you want next year’s teacher to know about your work habits? I like working with partners, and I also like to get into flow and work for a period of time by myself.
7. What is the most difficult thing you have done this year? Why was it difficult, and how did you deal with that difficulty? The most difficult thing I have done this year would be setting due dates for myself. It was difficult for me to turn in projects on time, I decided to make a checklist which in the future helped me a lot. 8. How has group collaboration helped you as a student? Group collaboration has helped me as a student by managing my time and collecting ideas I wouldn't have thought of. Reflecting on Yourself and Our Model of Education (Project Based Learning and our Student Culture)
1. What would you say to an incoming 9th grader about how to succeed in project based learning? Get your projects turned in on time and always put as much effort as possible when creating a project.
2. How have any of the habits of heart and mind helped you be successful as a student of person?
The habits of heart and mind are there for a student to strive, I feel that I work up to the standards of the habits of heart and mind which help me become more successful as a student and person.
3. How has a relationship with a faculty member helped you be more successful in school this year? A relationship with a faculty member has helped me be more successful in school because it has given me an option to be more comfortable talking to a faculty member and asking for help when I need it.
4. How has the work in Advisory helped you grow or change as a student, as a friend, and as a citizen? Advisory has not helped me grow or change as much as I would like. I felt it was a very laid back class and we didn’t try to strive to be a better student, friend or citizen.
5. Project based learning is a different model than traditional models of education. Explain how project based learning has influenced your learning and your production of work. Project based learning has influenced my learning because as a student I am a very visual learner. Having hands on projects had made me think deeper about my projects and life in general. After building a project we present them at exhibition which has helped me with my presentation skills, which is a great opportunity to have at my age.
pol smart goal for semester 2, 2015
My three goals for the year: 1. Get all A’s and B’s in every class no matter what, to get into a California College. If a lower grade pops up, speak to teacher about and make it go away. Pay attention in class, take notes, and don’t get distracted.
2. Learn the piano. Once a week meet up with piano teacher and practice, learn a different note each week.
3. Make people laugh. After receiving a video camera, make Youtube videos. Every weekend play around with videos.
S - Specific M - Measurable A - Attainable R - Realistic T - Timely
ADVISORY SOCIAL STYLES REFLECTION: With awareness of your own individual social style, as well as others, comes the ability to have more effective communications and relationships. The[social styles] profile is based upon [my] strengths and gives [me] a chance to see the strengths of [my classmates]. With an awareness of the spectrum of social styles, [I] develop greater tolerance and understanding of other styles, and gain greater versatility in communicating (On the Edge Productions).
What is your primary style? My primary learning style is visual. I work best with demonstrations, charts, and graphs. What is your secondary style? My secondary style is Kinesthetic (hands on). Being here at Animas is a great was to expand my hands on learning with all of the projects. Given your social style, how do you like to be treated/interacted with? If a teacher is talking to me I feel I'm best with one on one time. When I go through the steps of what I'm learning it helps me remember. With my peers I like to be treated nicely and respected. Given your social style, where do you sometimes feel misunderstood? For me I like to be outgoing and I like to get up and do things, so it is very hard for me to sit down and listen. I feel some teachers don't understand this which makes it hard on the both of us. What could others do to relate with you more effectively? I feel if we all got along and worked on something together we could really use team work and communication for our project.
GOAL SETTING FOR 2014 THRU 2015:
My Goals as a Learner/Student:
I will get straight A's and B's throughout all four years here at Animas by communicating with my teachers and paying attentive.
My Personal Goals:
I want to learn piano and start acting again
My Health and Fitness Goals:
I plan to start tennis in the spring and that means working on my upper body, especially arms.
My Community / Cultural Goals:
I will be going to Guatamala with my family and we will be building and painting schools all around. I also am going to volunteer in cleaning up the river trail, plus random acts of kindness for good karma.